Primary jurisdictions are Financial Institutions, Real Property Finance, Consumer Finance, and Corporate Securities Law.
The Budget Committee’s jurisdiction is the Budget. The Budget Committee is located in Room 6026 and the phone number is (916) 319-2099.
Primary jurisdictions are health care, health insurance, Medi-Cal and other public health care programs, mental health licensing of health and health-related professionals, and long-term health care facilities. The Health Committee is located in Room 6005 and the phone number is (916) 319-2097.
Primary jurisdictions are building standards, common interest developments, eminent domain, farm worker housing, homeless programs, housing discrimination, housing finance (including redevelopment), housing, natural disaster assistance and preparedness, land use planning, mobile homes/manufactured housing, redevelopment: housing, and rent control. The Housing and Community Development Committee is located in the Legislative Office Building, 1020 N Street, Room 162 and the phone number is (916) 319-2085.
Primary jurisdiction includes air quality, climate change, energy efficiency, renewable energy, California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), coastal protection, forestry, land conservation, oil spills, solid waste and recycling. The Natural Resources Committee is located in the Legislative Office Building, 1020 N Street, Room 164 and phone number is (916) 319-2092.
Nonprofit Sector, Chair
- Problems of the fishing and aquaculture industries;
- Encourage seafood production, provide employment and stimulate the economy of California;
- Protection, restoration and enhancement of fishery resources;
- Protection of California seafood consumers;
- Collection of valid and reliable data on the fishing and aquacultutre industries;
- Resolution of conflicts concerning the fishing and aquaculture industries; and
- Oversight of executive branch activities concerning the fishing and aquaculture industries.
- This Committee has made numerous legislative fisheries and aquaculture recommendations resulting in enactment of many laws but does not have any law enforcement powers.